During the preliminary design phase ACTP can offer expertise on the following problems:
- Selection and definition of materials adapted to your processes.
- Work with the R & D laboratories of the leading suppliers of resin or thermoplastic.
> Design and feasibility:
- Evaluation of the design and the feasibility of your complex equipment.
- Adapting the design of existing steel equipment to be compatible with that of plastic construction.
> Technical specifications:
- Assistance in the drafting of technical specifications.
> Help in preparing your budgets:
- In the case of specific or complex equipment, ACTP can prepare the pre–budgets.
> Audit of the manufacturers:
- Visit and evaluate the eventual manufacturers selected for building.
- Experiences in monitoring manufacturers low cost region (Asia; Middle–East).
In the case of complex equipment, ACTP can perform technical studies including the following services:
> Calculation note:
- Pre dimensioning
- Pressure vessel in accordance with European or US standards
- Checking the design conditions for earthquakes
> General arrangement drawings for going out to tender
> General arrangement and details drawings
> Developing of manufacturing specifications
ACTP can provide technical support for the monitoring of your projects during the different steps
> Implementation of an organization for the follow-up of the manufacturers
> Checking of the documents issued by the manufacturers
- Calculation notes
- Manufacturing procedures
> Attendance and technical support during meetings
> Construction follow up in workshop or on site
> Final inspection and acceptance
ACTP offers a free service for answering basic questions concerning all the problems related to the design and construction of thermoplastic or thermosetting equipment:
> Codes and practices or reference documents
> Contacts information for potential manufacturers
> Implementation of an organization and / or strategy
Simply call us or send us an email.
TECHNIP-KREBS Mixer Settlers :
Derakane Epoxy Vinyl Ester Resins – Case History
Installed in 2014 at AREVA’s McClean Lake – Extraction Solvent Plant ( Uranium Mill), Saskatchewan, Canada.
TECHNIP Lyon (France) / ZHONGYI (China) / AREVA Resources Canada Inc. (Canada)
Due to fire retardant material request to respect ASTM E-84, DERAKANE 510 was used for the structural part and the corrosion barrier layer, both fabricated by hand lay-up.
To protect the equipment against electrostatic hazard, the corrosion barrier layer was made conductive to reach a surface resistivity lower than 106 Ohm. Accordingly, the corrosion barrier layer (3.3mm/130mils) was made of one carbon veil layer and one ECR-glass surface veil followed by 3 CSM layers 450 g/mÇ (1.5 oz/sq. ft.) with the addition of Ketjenblack EC300J from AKZO.
A hot air post cure was applied.
Organic phase: Kerosene + Amine + Isodecanol
Aqueous phase: liquor containing H2 SO4 ( 30 g/L),
Chloride (0.1 g/l), Uranium and Molybdenum
Maximum Operating Temperature: +50° C (122° F)
Design temperature: +65° C (149° F)
Design pressure: +0.01barg (+0,145psig) /-0,07barg (-1,01 psig)
Main Mixer Settlers dimensions : 9300 x 2000 x 2500 mm (366x79x98 in)
For this project, 16 Mixers Settlers, 16 Interphase Regulators and 2 After Settlers were designed and fabricated following the EN 13121 for a service life of 30 years.